The Silver Coast: A varied area
Sun and beach but also culture and nature
The Silver Coast (Costa de Prata) has it all. Not yet spoiled by mass tourism, the Costa de Prata offers you many ways to enjoy a great holiday.
Of course you can enjoy the sun at the beach, or to take a stroll on the promenade of São Martinho do Porto or Nazaré. Or you could do something sporty like surfing or horsebackriding. In between you could visit one of the impressive Unesco World Heritage sites in the area Everything is possible!
Below you will find a summary of the numerous possibilities this area has to offer. In every house you will find a binder with much more information.
São Martinho do Porto
São Martinho do Porto, traditionally known as a seaside resort, is situated on a naturally formed shellshaped bay. It's a nice and quiet place almost all year round, but of course in July and August it's a bit more crowded. It has an attractive promenade with sunny terraces and nice restaurants, right next to the wide beach and calm sea.
Places of interest
- The capital of Portugal: Lisbon
- Palaces; monastries; pilgrimage town; Roman excavations
- Buddha Eden, an in many ways startling garden of peace
- The medival village of Óbidos
- The Peniche peninsula, from where you can make a daytrip to the Berlengas islands
- The fishing village of Nazaré
- The former spa of Caldas da Rainha
- The university town of Coimbra
- Daily-, gipsy- and weekmarkets in the region
- And much more!
The nearest beach is at São Martinho do Porto (a 10 minute drive from Casa Limão), but you can also go to: Salgado beach; the beach at Foz do Arelho; or the beaches of Nazaré and Peniche.
- Aquatic sports (such as waterskiing, sailing and surfing)
- Golf: there are several golf courses in the area
- And more, like: diving, paragliding, horsebackriding, cycling, hiking